The platform allows you to find anywhere un the world you activities you are interested in: restaurants, bars, accommodations, cultural institution, monuments, sites like parks, leisure parks, shops, professionals and spots like where to find mushrooms.
Rather classical. Except that at SumWhere we don’t try to convince ourselves that you have the same desires as anyone else, ans that they are the same from Monday to Sunday, whatever the weather is – sunny or rainy – whether you are on your own or with someone. No question to recommend you the “10 best hotels in the world” because your top is unique and can evolve over time.
SumWhere main strength is to gather thematic maps matching your centers of interest. Each them includes different types of activities, it is a real “universe”.
SumWhere is not a simple theme collection tool, with missing information in-between. For you to never miss an information, there is a general space referencing all existing activities throughout the world. This is the default general map.
This general space is personalized as well, thanks to the profile you have defined at subscription and you can change anytime depending on your context.
Thematic maps help discovering territories, evolving inside communities, learning, playing,…
They can be created by experts like tourist offices, influencers, institutions or brands, and they can be collaborative with tips posted by communities, people passionate about something or friends and family.
And you can create maps yourself if you don’t find what you are looking for.
In addition to a picture, a description and keywords, themes have 3 characteristics:
– users allowed to add places: the admin only, everyone (collaborative mode), or everyone with admin validation.
– what is displayed in pinpoints : the admin notation, the average notation, or nothing.
– private or public mode (in that case, the admin must authorize users to access a theme).
The plateform also distinguishes thematic maps you have created from themes you follow, or those that are suggested to you.
You can access thematic maps from the homepage of maps.sumwhere.co or from the control panel available in your Personal Space. The categories and search bar in the header allow you to find themes you are interested in through their name or keywords (example : ‘game’).
Liking a theme allows you to find it again more easily and to contribute to the map. To achieve this, you have to click on the heart icon on the map in, the application, or on the button “follow the map” on the web site directly on the map or in the theme description window.
To leave a thematic map and go back to the general space, click on SumWhere logo at the top-left corner of the screen.
Thematic maps are conceived for you the find activities linked to the center of interest you consider, and informations about those activities. To access those infos, click on pinpoints then on ‘Infos’. The itinerary to get to the considered places can be generated clicking on the pinpoint then on ‘Itinerary’.
Give your opinion
You can add content on ecah activity by clicking on pinpoints then on ‘Contribute’. The contribution page allows you to give a notation, write a comment (only visible in the related theme) if comments are allowed on that map, add a photo and write a private comment to a business
At the end of your contribution, you can share it on social networks (through your smartphone social networks applications for example)
You can add activities to themes you have created yourself and to collaborative maps you follow. Inside the thematic map, the ‘+’ button at the bottom of the screen display existing activities in the database with a ‘+’ inside the pinpoints. Click on the activity you want then on ‘Add’. If you are outside the theme you want to add an activity to, click on the pinpoint you selected then on ‘Contribution’, and select the theme you want to add the activity to in the pull-down menu ‘Add to a theme’.
You can give the activity a different type than the one it has by default in the general space (for example, a park categorized as “a remarkable site” can become a ‘skating spot’ in another map). Of you are the admin of the theme, you can also add a description.
If you don’t find the activity you ar looking for after having zoomed on the map or using the search bar, you can create yourself a new activity by simply s-clicking on the map at the right location. The creation can be made in a specific theme and in the general space.
The majority of spots (like surfing spots) have to be created as no business will have referenced them.
Choose the better-matching theme to your current interest, or remain in the general space by default. If needed, change your profile, especially depending on with whom you are.
Thanks to the search icon on the map or research bar in the header, select the type and even the sub-type of the activity you are looking for.
The map (or list) displays better results. Move, zoom, unzoom with your fingers or mouse to load the search on a different area.
It is important to be aware tar prior to a first notation by one SumWhere user, the displayed notation is Google’s.
SumWhere is not only about personalized recommendation, it is also a trustful and ethical recommendation.
Themes allow you to only follow experts and communities in which you have trust. But the general space is trustful as well thanks to the géolocalisation of reviews. To make it clearer, if a business like a hotel or restaurant buys a fake review (usually far away from his location), this evaluation will weigh less in the average notation than the pone posted by a customer just out of the place. That’s why we advise that you are geolocalized when you make a review (by default, a non-geolocalized user is considered to be located far form the activity).
Authenticity is reinforced by the fact that we totally exclude paying referencing, meaning that displayed activities are the best ones and not those having paid to be on the top pf the list. If it often happens in classical platforms, the personalized recommendation at SumWhere excluded that trick.
Even if SumWhere uses geolocalization, the plateforme only calculated your distance to the places you evaluate, not your position. And all data you generate are anynomous, SumWhere only knows your email (to make sure you really exist and be able to contact you) and your user name. The platform is not a social network.
Contrary to classical platforms, SumWhere doesn’t rely on your evaluation history. You are not categorized in a kind of behavior, and keep the control on the recommendations you receive, according to your desires, those of people you are with, the current weather,…
And suggested themes allow you to discover new exploration fields.
The personalization of recommendations allows to guide the right customers to the right activities. Contrary to monolithic rankings leading to standardization, SumWhere wishes that each person can thrive in one’s own specificity.
This virtuous approach is strengthened by the possibility to leave private comments to business owners, allowing a constructive evaluation.
– Bottom-right indication: le theme you are in. Click on it to read information about the theme. The dedicated window includes a follow/unfollow button.
– List/Map button: changes activities display mode
– ‘+’ button at the bottom: to add an activity in the theme you are inn whether the activity is referenced or you have to create it
– Cross at the top: to leave the theme and go back to the general space
– Activity filter button: to see and change the kind of displayed acivities
– Sight icon on the right: center research around your current position
– Pinpoints on the map: correspondant to the activities referenced in the displayed area. Click on them to contribute, get the itinerary, or see infos about the activities
– Heart icon on the map: to follow the theme, easily find it again and contribute inside it
– ‘Search’ at the top right: to search for an activity by its name or address ou focus the map on a specific geographic area
– ‘Themes’ categories in the header: access to created, followed and suggested themes and at the theme search. The ‘+’ button is a shortcut to create a new map
– ‘Personal’ icon at the top right: access to the following functionalities:
* ‘My evaluations’: the map of your reviews
* ‘Themes’: theme management, including création and management like info modifications, admin management, management of a private theme followers), addition or removal of preferred themes.
* ‘Personalized profile’: profil taken into account to personalize displayed notations
* ‘Presentation’ and ‘FAQ’: to better understand how the app works
* ‘Parameters’: to change your password and language
You didn’t find the answers to your questions? Contact us!